Two Joyfully Reciting Their Poems

Charlotte Mason couldn't have been more accurate in her assessment of having children memorize and recite poems and scripture. This is Zane reciting his poem "Time to Rise" and Lilly with a more polished recitation of "My Kingdom" both by Robert Louis Stevenson. With these memorized we moved on today to their next assignments. Zane will be learning "Rain" by Stevenson as well. Lilly will memorize the Lord's Prayer. Both of them almost could recite these after just a few tries. I guess as Ms. Mason states and they have so quickly proven, I should expect more from them. Thanks for all the comments. Lilly was thrilled and much encouraged.


3 comments:

regina wRites said...

love it!

Daddy said...

Awesome work and very impressive!

Oma Gayle said...

Hey Sweethearts ~

This is just SO CUTE and precious. I'm impressed with
my smart grandkids! I love the expression on their faces.

Blessings,

Oma

Post a Comment